Monday, April 1, 2013

Don't Count Your Chickens...Count Your Blessings!

Easter is a blessing in so many ways. You get to be around family and you also get to celebrate Jesus. What more could you ask for?

Krissy came to visit earlier in the week because it was her spring break. She also got to share with everyone their wonderful news that they are expecting a baby in October. I can't express enough how happy I am for my sister and John. She is going to be the best mom. Seriously, she really is natural at it. Her visits always go by too fast for me. I miss having her at home all the time, but enjoy how she and I can hang out like we never had a day apart. We have a few adventures up our sleeves this summer. They can't come soon enough!

Friday we had a little scare on the Thompson side of my family and my PawPaw went to the hospital. We all rushed to go see him and luckily the "spring chicken" was talking and fighting the fight. He reminds me of Jack in that they don't care what people think, they love spending time with family, and what they really need to focus on is eating and sleeping. Why do we seem to make things so difficult by worrying about the small stuff in the middle part of our life? I guess someone has to. Oh adulthood! Please continue to say prayers for he and my family. We all know he is a tough cookie but your support is greatly appreciated.

Good Friday at the Preisler's house in E.B. should really be called fabulous Friday. Michael and his dad cooked crawfish. Yum! The usual crew came over for laughs, good eats, and our usual debates. If I ever had to wonder where Michael gets his honesty from I don't have to travel very far.

Saturday was a rough day for Jack. His eczema was finally under control but his sleep schedule was not. What a joy! Somehow we managed to catch the few good hours he had with the Easter bunny.


Sunday we went to church and Jack behaved himself. We normally are bouncing our crying baby in the foyer, but this time we had a cooing and smiling baby that was charming his fellow parishioners. Look at that little Easter bunny just a smiling! Once again, eating and sleeping make Jack and PawPaw happy boys.


Taking a moment to enjoy the open sea is something that refreshes the spirit. We took Jack out sailing and he continued to be such a trooper. We feared the lifejacket would make him upset, but instead it was like he was stuffed in a little cocoon and the ocean rocked him to sleep. 



No comments:

Post a Comment