Sunday, October 6, 2013

Walk It Out

Where is the time going?

Jack started walking 1.5 weeks ago and by this weekend he has completely decided to stop crawling. Seeing him standing on his own two feet really makes him look like a toddler instead of a baby.

I sort of feel like we are all standing on our own two feet and feeling comfortable in our shoes these days. Every little family has to figure out how to make it work and we are getting better and better at going with the flow.

Jack really let's his little light shine. He has so many different ways of communicating with you just with the expressions on his face. I can't believe he and I haven't had a true conversation, and yet we talk all the time. This has made me realize how important your non-verbal actions really are. I see how much he shows me he loves me and yet he has not been able to ever tell me out loud.

Top ten new things with JACKAROO:

1. He loves to roll in blankets on the ground at the end of the day.
2. Touch and feel books are his favorite (thank you Aunt Krissy for "That's Not My..." books)
3. He has started to feed Cooper from his high chair. This in turn has increased Cooper's love for him.
4. He never stops moving in the bathtub.
5. He loves to push buttons on our entertainment center. Sometimes this leaves me without TV for days because I can't figure out how to fix it if Michael is out of town.
6. You can actually lay him in his crib and he goes to sleep on his own (only took 11 months).
7. Avocado, FAGE yogurt, and meat are his favorite things.
8. He loves for you to follow him like you are playing chase.
9. He enjoys getting into things. Cabinets, baskets, bookshelves, drawers...
10. HE IS SAYING "BYE". That's right, he actually knows that he is telling you bye and says it with a country accent.





1 comment:

  1. I am really loving the improvised "O" in the bathroom "Cooper Dog" situation! Way to make it work mom! And obvi love that Aggie hat as well! Too stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete