Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Our Four Legged Son

Cooper has been a trooper. From day one Cooper has remained super calm around Jack. In fact sometimes I realize what an old man he has become. 

In the middle of the night he watches me get up with Jack and always keeps a spot warm for me in the bed. Never before has he snuggled so much...maybe he sees the affection Jack is getting and wants in on it too.

When I get up to change Jack for the first time in the morning, he is always waiting and watching next to me at the changing pad. If he can't find me in the house, I notice Jack's room is the first place he will look. People say they forget about their dog. We haven't forgotten about this important family member. We do understand now that he is a dog and not a child, but he is the best dog we could ever ask for.

I notice that he is more exhausted due to being up worrying about Jack. He still loves to jump up on a clean pile of clothes that need to be put away.

Watching the Aggies beat the hell outta OU! You can't beat a large dog who thinks he is a lap dog, especially when holding a 2' bone for you to hold while he chews.

I decided to watch Marley and Me one day...fitting that during the movie Cooper decided to chew on his first diaper. I took it as a sign that Marley was being a bad influence on him.



Cooper caught using the Boppy. No no, Coop!

I cherish all my boys and often think about how when each one of them has joined my life it became more enriched. Just when I think I couldn't be more blessed, God gives me another one of them to enjoy even more memories with. Cooper made us step away from the TV when we got home and take a walk outside. I truly believe without knowing it, Michael and I became even closer from our evening talks when walking Cooper. A major part of our weekends always centered around something outside for Cooper. Really I think we wanted to get outside and go back to our childhood outdoors.

Cooper, when I go back to work don't think for a second that Jack will be all I miss during the day.



“Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day. 
It is amazing how much love and laughter they bring into our lives and even how much closer we become with each other because of them.” 
― John GroganMarley and Me: Life and Love With the World's Worst Dog


1 comment: