Monday, January 21, 2013

Sister Act

I want to give a shout out to Krissy. I can't say enough how amazed I am with her. I believe through her travels the past year she has begun to know herself better than ever before. Stepping out of the day to day has allowed her to appreciate her true passions. I miss her dearly at home, but I now see why God had her take this journey.

I have several friends who are embarking on new journeys. Buying a home, bringing a child into the world, taking new steps in their career, moving to new places, taking charge of their health, and growing spiritually. It is pretty amazing to stand by so many remarkable women and call them my friends.

I recently was welcomed into the Catholic community and celebrated my confirmation. They asked me to choose a Patron Saint to help me in my journey. At first it sounded...different...and then I began looking into the various Saints and realized this person could personify the quality I wanted to become. Who doesn't need a little extra help? Saint Ann is my Patron Saint and she is the Saint for family. Both my immediate family and friends are who I cherish. Through all changes we find ourselves in need of help and needing to give thanks. I hope this helps you all float through that new door weightlessly, because you don't have to carry worry or burden. What is meant to be will be. Enjoy the moment and I will enjoy watching you in it.

God, help us to be women of character. We humbly cast ourself at your feet and pray for your protection over us during this new journey. Help us to listen to you and let you do your work. We thank you for our life, our hope and our future.

(Sadly I don't have recent photos with everyone I would want to put on this! #livingunderarock)


2 comments:

  1. So sweet! I am so glad you created a blog so that we can hear the inner thoughts of Katy that I have missed reading so much!!! So happy you are posting frequently and can't wait to read more! Love you tons and I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, friend. I really loved it. I am glad you and God and St. Ann will be watching over us tomorrow. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete