Thursday, May 2, 2013

Bluebell Blues

So when I was pregnant I used to tell people that I could always make Jack move if I ate Bluebell. Interesting to think that now he is allergic to dairy....maybe he was kicking me telling me to stop! Chalk that up as mistake number 1.

Michael and I have been blessed with the ability to eat tons of different foods. We walk and work out to stay in shape, but we have not been required to have a strict diet for food allergy or other reasons. I've always been raised to eat at the dinner table with my family after school and want to provide that same environment for my children. In fact the vision of missing out on this important time for the family to commune together has been a driving factor in many recent decisions in our life. 

I always have loved fruits, vegetables, and well pretty much anything you put in front of me. Michael....well we all know he is a meat and potatoes guy as they say (shhh don't tell Jack his Daddy doesn't devour fruit and vegetables). At first I thought Michael and I were not good cooks, but I actually don't believe that is true. We have whipped up some pretty excellent meals when given the proper ingredients. The grocery shopping is our major sticking point. Did we make an effort to grocery shop every week in the past...the answer is "no" because one if not both of us were working late or conveniently located by great restaurants. Now that we have Jack, and he will be eating our meals soon, we are about to experience an overhaul. 

Some research I found on Harvard's website. Interesting where dairy stands in importance on this:



Jack was tested for the following allergies:
Environmentals-
D. Farinea (mite)
D. Petronysssinus (mite)
Cockroach Mix
Cat Epith
Dog
Dog AP

Food-
Egg White
Milk
Peanut
Soy
Wheat

While I continue to research and learn more about a better lifestyle of eating, please share with me your plans to. I know our MiMi has always LOVED vegetables and look at how great she is doing. 

Okay. I don't believe the majority of you read this blog to hear what I have to say. It is more for the family photos. Here are some token ones to make this post worth it!







1 comment: