Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Fighting to the finish line!

It happened just like that. He passed the 7 month threshold and all of a sudden he has not stopped to take a breath!

Thursday, May 23rd- I really saw him starting to get better at sitting up and crawling.
Saturday, May 25th- He was unstoppable.
Sunday, May 26th- First time to ride in a grocery cart sitting up. WalMart trip for Mommy and Jack  for the necessities (formula, diapers, and wine).
Monday, May 27th- He realized he could crawl further than our rug and made his way to Cooper's dog bowl. First handful of dog food...don't worry he didn't eat it. He also tried puffs for the first time this day.
Tuesday, May 28th- He pulls himself up by clinging to a book shelf at school. Get's all the way to standing position and stands smiling so proud. When he falls back on his bottom he doesn't cry.
He also sits in a high chair at Pappasitos for the first time.

It sort of feels like our entire Preisler family is burning the candle at both ends. Michael is still away in Colorado for work and can't wait to get back. I am trying to adjust to this moveable object and still waking up with him at night (yep... 11 p.m., 3 a.m., and sometimes 5:40 a.m.). And the obvious mover and shaker is Captain Jack. I can tell he has some of our favorite qualities that members of our little family enjoy most:

Positive attitude
Hard work
Loves family

You can't stop us from getting what we want. Not even if you buckle us into a bouncer!





Normally I update the blog with the thought that our mom's love seeing it, my PawPaw used to love reading it, Mi Mi looks at it, and my sister who is far away can keep up with everything he is doing. I also am graced with some close friends who frequent the link (Carly and Lindsay). Recently I have been posting so Michael can see what is going on at home. Such a different feeling!

On Memorial Day it reminded me of how thankful I am for the service men and women who fight for us every day. They are away from their families for much longer periods of time and their loved ones fear their life throughout the entire process. What amazing people we have to thank for our freedom, so many of them not even knowing the people they fight for. Freedom doesn't come free and I sometimes think we all just believe it is a given. I am lucky to know that when I count down the days on my calendar to see my husband he is expected to come home safe. I am not sure I could be brave enough to be in their position.

Peace and Love


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the blog shout out :) Love your post, and especially putting it all in perspective at the end. Just one more day until Michael is home!!!

    ReplyDelete