Wednesday, May 22, 2013

We Miss Daddy

It is true. Life isn't the same without Michael around.
There is plenty of room in the bed for Cooper and I both to stretch out, but we still don't like it.
Jack seems to not sleep as well. I am not sure if it is just because I am the only one answering his crib party in the middle of the night or he really is extra fussy because something is missing. Either way, multiple weeks in a row of him being gone makes you extra aware how much we love him being in our life. I give mad props to single moms. I have felt like one the past couple of weeks and you really do have to be on your toes every minute.
School bag ready- check
Start heating bottle- check
Did you change his diaper- check
Put out money for lawn guy because Daddy isn't here to do it- check
Wash clothes- check
Get more formula- check
Did you prepare the client contract- check
And the list goes on and on and on.

I want to give a thank you to my parents for being so helpful last weekend and for taking Jack on his first "Walden Vacation". Here are some pictures I took of our arrival in Galveston. Can you believe how much stuff you need for one weekend with someone so small? Jack enjoyed dinner overlooking the bay with Pop and NaNa and site seeing on Saturday. Pretty cool that his first trip was to Galveston with his grandparents, and I have had so many of my best memories with my own grandparents in the same place.


We were lucky to hang out with some amazing friends. No matter the distance that comes between us, our love stays the same.



For some reason these two totally different bodies of text have been heavy on my heart already this week. Maybe they will be helpful to you as well.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

The Woman With You- Kenny Chesney

She hit the door 6:55 sack full of groceries split down the side.
Can goods scattered all the way to the curb.
Look on her face sayin' don't say a word.
So, it's me and her and a can of beans sitting there on the front porch swing.
Western sky all turning red.
Head on my shoulder she sighed and said:

Been gopherin', chaufferin', company chairmen.
Coffee maker, copy repairman.
Anymore there ain't nothing I swear man that I don't do.
Been juggling, struggling, closing big deals.
Dancing backwards in high heels.
Just when it feels like I can't make it through.
She said it sure is nice to just be the woman with you.

She said the girl I was with the business degree probably wouldn't recognize me.
I was gonna run the bank.
I was gonna run the map.
Now all I want to run is a bubble bath.
Back then you know I had this plan.
Before all this reality set in.
Here comes life boy ready or not.
Hey I wanted it all and that's what I got.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that song! But you probably already knew that. You're doing a great job mama. . . wish I was closer to help you out while Michael's away.

    ReplyDelete